Homemade Apple Juice – Make Apple Juice With a Juicer
Why will you bother buying those commercially made apple juice products when you can easily make homemade apple juice by yourself?
What most people don’t realize is that it is very easy to prepare homemade apple juice using fresh and organic apples with no food additives, preservatives and artificial flavor and coloring.
In cases when you cannot get your hands on a juicer but you still want to enjoy the many benefits of fresh apple juice, it is advised that you go for unsweetened, organic and unfiltered apple juice from the local supermarket. One important tip about apple juice bought in stores is that it must be cloudy in appearance and not clear. It is said that cloudy or unclear apple juice has four times the polyphenol content compared to its clear counterpart.
Polyphenols are the antioxidants found in some plants which can provide a lot of health benefits like protection against heart disease and some types of cancer. Experts claim that the clarification process used in preparing apple juice could get rid of the polyphenol-rich solids and other kinds of compounds.
The clarification process is common in commercially manufactured apple juice products. But, why will you settle for this if you can enjoy the complete advantages of unfiltered apple juice with all of its vitamins, minerals, nutrients and polyphenols kept intact?
Steps for Preparing Homemade Apple Juice
You can make your homemade apple juice with the use of an electric juicer, cider press or blender. Many people prefer the electric user since this can produce the best quality of juice and it lets you drink the juice pulp free, something that is not very possible when you use a blender.
Here are the simple steps in making your homemade apple juice with a juicer. These steps are easy to follow and won’t take too long to do.
- Cut the fresh apples into several quarters. Use a melon scooper to remove the cores.
- Carefully fit the apple quarters into the top opening chute of your juicer.
- Push on the start button and just like that, you are ready to juice away. See to it that you have a catch all container ready for the pulp then another where the juice will go into.
There are some important reminders to remember after making your apple juice. Make sure that you consume the juice right away and freeze or put any leftover in can for storage in your refrigerator. You have to consume it in the next week or so.
Tricks and Trips When Juicing Apples
- Ensure that your homemade apple juice is stored and contained properly with the use of appropriate jars and cars.
- If you want to can the juice, pour the liquid into sterilized and jot jars while it is still warm. Leave a head space of about half an inch. Process the jars in the hot water canning machine for 30 minutes.
- If you are planning to freeze your juice, let the liquid cool down completely first before storing it in air tight containers.
- Skinned apples can give your juice sweeter and crisper taste.
- Juice from skinned apples has lesser amounts of dietary fiber and vitamin C, both of which are important for balanced diet.
Health Benefits of Apple Juice
- Prevents asthma
- Promotes good heart health
- Reduces cholesterol
- Cleanses liver
- Makes bones healthy and strong
- Prevents cancer
- Boosts immune system
- Improves eye health
- Offers solution for constipation
- Great for skin issues
- Addresses dandruff problems and hair scalp disorders